Ensure TwoCal is a 2.0 kcal/ml, high-protein, milkshake style oral nutritional supplement for people with, or at risk of developing, disease-related malnutrition. Ensure TwoCal is ready-to-drink, and is available in banana, neutral, strawberry and vanilla flavours. Ensure TwoCal contains FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides), which have an important role to play in the diet by helping to support gastrointestinal function.
Food for Special Medical Purposes, for use under medical supervision. Suitable as a nutritional supplement or as a sole source of nutrition for patients who cannot or will not eat sufficient quantities of everyday food and drink to meet their nutritional requirements.
Nutritionally complete for vitamins and minerals in 1000 ml (excluding electrolytes, calculated using the UK Reference Nutrient Intake for men aged 19-50 years).
• Disease-related malnutrition
• Total gastrectomy
• Short bowel syndrome
• Bowel fistulae
• Intractable malabsorption
• Pre-operative preparation of patients who are malnourished
• Proven inflammatory bowel disease
Storage and Directions for use
• Store unopened at room temperature.
• Ready for use. Open immediately prior to use.
• Shake well before use.
• Best served chilled unless bolus feeding is indicated, in which case the product should be administered at room temperature.
• May also be served as warm drinks. Do not boil. • Ensure Plus range bottles will attach to all Abbott Nutrition giving sets.
• Once opened, unused product should be resealed and stored in a refrigerator. Unused contents should be discarded after 24 hours.
• Date and time of opening can be recorded on the lid sticker.
Directions for Tube Feeding
• Ready for use.
• Administer at room temperature for tube feeding.
• The volume/flow rate should be adjusted to meet the patient’s nutritional needs and tolerance. This product has a low viscosity
and will pass down a fine nasogastric tube.
• A Flexitainer enteral nutrition container may be used if decanting is necessary.
• For gravity feeding, the use of a Flexiflo gravity gavage set is recommended.
Preparation: Liquid (ready to drink)
Calories (kcal): 200/100ml
Protein (g): 8.4/100ml
Carbohydrate (g): 21/100ml
Fat (g): 8.9/100ml
Fibre (g): 1
Water, corn syrup, maltodextrin, milk protein isolate, high oleic sunflower oil, sucrose, soy oil, sodium caseinate (milk protein), fructooligosaccharides, canola oil, magnesium chloride, emulsifier: E322 (soy lecithin), flavouring, sodium citrate, potassium citrate, potassium phosphate dibasic, magnesium sulphate, choline chloride, calcium carbonate, vitamin C, potassium chloride, taurine, L- carnitine, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, citric acid, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulphate, copper sulphate, vitamin B6, thiamin (vitamin B1 ), riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin A palmitate, folic acid, sodium molybdate, chromium chloride, sodium selenate, potassium iodide, biotin, vitamin K, vitamin D, vitamin B12.
Note: all information based on vanilla flavour. Some minor differences exist between flavours.
• In patients receiving some medications there may be a risk of drug nutrient interactions (e.g. warfarin and vitamin K). Careful prescribing and monitoring practices will serve to reduce the risk (please refer to pharmacist).
• Do not make any additions to the feed without consulting your pharmacist or dietitian.
• Many nutritional products contain sucrose and other sugars. It is important for patients who are taking supplements as sip feeds to observe good oral hygiene. It is suggested that patients consult with their dentist for further advice.
• When feeding to patients with dysphagia, please thicken the product as appropriate.
• Not for parenteral (intravenous) use.
• Do not use in children under 1 year of age. Use with caution in children under 6 years of age.
• Not for use in galactosaemia.
• Suitable for people with diabetes provided that routine glucose checks are performed.
If you are unsure about the condition of your health and the appropriate treatment, always speak to a medical professional. All content on this website is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as professional medical advice. Always read the product label and instructions prior to using any product.
Delivery & returns
Standard Delivery Service (3–5 working days) - £2.99
Express Delivery Service (1–2 working days) - £6.99
Next Day Before 12pm (1-2 working days) - £14.99
Northern Ireland, The Highlands and Islands, AB Post Codes, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Jersey and Eire Standard Delivery Service (2–3 working days) - £2.99
International Tracked & Signed Service (3–5 working days, under 2kg) - £9.99
Special Delivery Service (up to 7 working days, 2kg - 5kg) - £29.99
Rest of the world
Standard Delivery Service (up to 7 working days, under 2kg) - £30.00
Special Delivery Service (up to 7 working days, 2kg - 5kg) - £75.00
When you are returning goods, the credit will be made to the appropriate payment card or account used for the original purchase and please allow up to 2 weeks. A copy of the original invoice must also be sent with the returned product and all returns should be posted to the following address.